Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Eh, still no boyfriend ah?

Going to a friend's engagement party today made me realize that I'm not a kid anymore. I know, I know, my parents are still my ATMs and my bed is still my trampoline.

But it's true. I've grown up. Wedding invitations are not addressed to my parents anymore. Instead, they're all addressed to me! Last year, I was invited to three (of which I attended none). This year, already two, and it's only April.

Wahhhh.. Growing old. Growing old! But I'm loving it. It's just such joy to share the happiness and celebrate with those who have decided to say 'I do' with each other.

And the way God brings people together is just...amazing. I'm trusting Him to bring one for me. Heheh. Sooner better lah, then I can have kids as soon as possibe and live to see my great great great grandchildren. And see them get married! Yes, the main mission in life is to get married and have kids.

But right now, I'm STILL single. Haha. Dad asking if I got boyfriend already or not. Mom asying that she'll help me look for potentially suitable guys. I think they wanna give their ATM duty to someone else. Friends threatening to pick someone from the roadside to be my boyfriend after I answer no to thier 100 millionth time asking 'Eh, still no boyfriend ah?'

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that everything will happen in HIS time. All I have to do is make sure that I seek first His kingdom, that I'm doing what He wants me to do. And to do it wholeheartedly. Everything else will fall into place.

So whether I'm single or I'm double or married with 100 grandchildren, there isn't a need for me to worry about. And just the thought of not having to worry about anything at all is liberating, because without my worries, there is peace, there is joy and there is happiness :)

4 comments:

James Lam said...

yahooo to the singles club.. but hope our membership expire soon la =D

Anonymous said...

ahha. faster get a boyfriend la..sien la see you single. hehehe

Anonymous said...

ohh.. paiseh. I didn't realize i could post comments and I was making noise on my tagboard asking you to get one too:p. Woman, singlehood is how zai lor, let's go for a backpacking roadtrip somewhere, sometime haha. That's so much fun with a bunch of single friends:)

Lil' Blue Bear said...

James - Hahaha... Im enjoying my single status ok.

Fern - Read what i said to james. just because u got bf right... ish. hehe

Betty - hahah... I have a tagboard now...