Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ticking the calender, counting the days

2 days till final tutorial.

5 days till the last assignment is due.

5 days till study break.

10 days to apply for a research summer scholarship.

Roughly 15 more days to complete five psychology honours applications.

20 days till exams, less than 7 days to study for each subject (AAAHHH)

22 days till my life as an undergraduate is over.

23 days to find a job for the holidays.

31 days till I know if I get the research summer vacation scholarship. Please please pray that I do.

50 days till my graduation ceremony.

55 days till Chirstmas.

61 days till 2007 and new resolutions.

68 days till I fall on my knees to kiss my motherland.

Milestones. This whole year has been filled with milestones. Leaving home for another country, letting go and leaving behind people and places that I'm comfortable with, turning 21, learning to really trust God (still learning!), learning to let people in, learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable, getting a scholarship, friends getting married, friends having babies, applying for postgrad studies...

I feel overwhelmed with how fast this year has been going, and even more so this week. Since Monday, I find myslef constantly running through a metal checklist of things that I have to do. Maybe it's the fact that it's the last week of lectures and my final semester as an undergraduate is coming to an end, but I'm feeling weird. Kinda like stress + frustrated + determined + hopeful. Guess it's the final sprint before the finish line. I will complete this race. I must. Otherwise dunno how many thousand go down the drain laaaa.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes min! i feel the pain!! all the stuff running thru my head...all the things that should and need to be done.

Lil' Blue Bear said...

hahahahahha! at least im not the only weird one....

jo said...

min! i finished my final exams today...1 month and 12 days to grad..the rest i cant be bothered to count cause i've to come out and work! sigh the feeling where ur undergrad days are over...it's not what it is perceived to be..i feel so damn lost finishing exams finishing uni!
hang in there bear!u can do it!
love u lots
good lucks with all those application