Thursday, November 16, 2006

Conversations with mom

Talking on the phone with mom is always....an experience. But, when my 'no boyfriend allowed' mom starts asking questions like this:

Mom: Eh, got boyfriend already or not ar?
Me: Erm... no...
Mom: No ar? Asutralia got no boys wan meh?
Me: Got lah. But none worth looking at lah.
Mom: Church also dun have boys ar?
Me: Gottt. But none I would wanna go out with laa.
Mom: Aiyo.... How come like that wan?
Me: How I know...
Mom: Hmm.. Ok la. I'll pray for you to have one soon.
Me: !?

I wonder who is more desperate. Though I really wouldn't mind her praying for one for me soon.

Maybe she wants grandkids :O !

3 comments:

HobbiT said...

wah! you belum ada bf, nak grandkids already? hehe....funny...

elaine.tan 陈伟伶 said...

hahaha. Your mum is funny and cute ;) Eh eh, faster go write down a list of criteria so your mum can start praying [with your list!] haha.

Since praying dy, so might as well be specific rite? haha. Ask and it shall be given to you ;)

Anonymous said...

hahaha~ elaine, is so right~ My mum who don't really allow me to have bf asked me whether i mind match making last weekend~ Mums nowadays