Monday, June 26, 2006

The Dentist

One of the reasons I came back to Malaysia was to eat. Heck, it was the only reason I was willing to submit myself to one whole month of sweltering under the scorching sun. But, it looks as if I'm gonna be sweltering without doing much eating at least for a week.

Because I went to THE DENTIST.

And took out two wisdom teeth.

The top one was infringing on my lower gum.

And the bottom one was inbedded one inch deep in my jawbone.

Oh, the utter dismay! when THE DENTIST said "give me the long needle".

Oh, the horror!! when THE DENTIST took out his mini saw.

Oh, the pain!!! when THE DENTIST sawed and pulled and tugged and lauged at my anguish.

Oh, the agony!!!! when THE DENTIST gave me a RM 660 bill.

I'm beginning to wonder whether it was worth it to pay that much so that I could drool all over myself because I have absolutely no feeling in the left part of my face. Plus I can't eat. Nor talk without sounding like I have a golf ball in my mouth.

The only thought that comforts me it that at least the forced diet will help me loose some of the pounds I've packed on in the past four months.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You actually did it, huh? Well, I'm sure you'll get the opportunity to savour the wonderful flavours of Malaysia when it's healed... in a week's time. I'll be having at least 14 authentic Malaysian meals in the meantime. Muahahaha.

Lil' Blue Bear said...

Buruk betul. never mind. at least i get to loose weight before feasting. Hah. You grow fat become tubby can roll down the hill then you know.

eli said...

hey Mindy! remember me? I'm Eli Law... we played Pictionary together at E-Camp... haha...

u poor thing.... must be agonising....i hope i dun go thru what u went thru! my wisdom teeth still haven't sprout out yet... but then every exam time, it starts to hurt...lol..

Anonymous said...

Ouch, i can feel the pain, mine is growing, wanted to get them out, yeah, 3 of them. But the dentist said, 'we must always give them some chance to grow'... wth~ but it scrappppp off my 'sel pipi' everyday~ God bless us~

xiong said...

Wellcome back to Malaysia! Muahahah... going to a dentist before a big food fest back here ain't fun. But what the heck. Enjoy!

Lil' Blue Bear said...

Eli - of course i remember you. hahah.. i also remember trying to draw roller coasters. Pray that it wont grow! but thank God am back in Msia to do it. Otherwise my wallet will really feel the pain.

Kai Ting - hahahha, Yes. God Bless us. lol

xiong - ahaha. I will, after the stiches come out that is.

Anonymous said...

aihh..so cham..nyways u can always savour wonderful flavours of msia by eating lots of porridge..hehe

Lil' Blue Bear said...

Beng ar... porridge for sick people wan la