Thursday, April 09, 2009

Something out of the Ordinary - A blog post

I know of people who have taken longer breaks from their blogs but I suppose four months of not writing is quite enough for me. Well.. not writing to make money that is... Heheh. Yeap, I actually get paid to write now, but not nonsense la...Can't write much nonsense in a community newspaper that aims to report all the happenings in this small little sleepy town.

Anyhow... was just pondering on the title of this blog. Holding on to His promises. So many things have happened since I changed the title of this blog from 'My Not-So-Soapy Soap Opera' to 'Holding on to His Promises'. I reckon I'm still holding on to what the word of God promises, and that hope in not just believing but knowing that His promises will hold true brings the desire to live, to see what has not yet happen come to pass.

It is quite well, amusing to see how God tells us throughout His word that He WILL keep His promises. Like in Hebrews 10:23 it says that 'He who promises is faithful'. I suppose He knows that it'll be difficult at times, especially during moments when we hang on by our fingertips. At this point I'm thinking of the advantage of strong strong fingers. But yes, God actually promises to keep His promise. And I'm thankful for that :)

God is not a man, that He should lie,
nor a son of man, that He should change His mind.
Does He speak and then not act?
Does He promise and not fulfill?
Numbers 23:19

~Holding on to His promises always~

No comments: