Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ponds, Superman, Lausy Friends.

Superman should take note of fashion trends and change his costume. Like Batman did (although the only change most people remember about Batman's costume was that they could see his nipples). Superman should trade in the tight little red number that he wears to cover his unmentionables for a pair of boxers with bird and airplane prints.

I learnt something today. A LAUSY friend of mine decided that building a POND was more important that going to KL with me. Although I do admit that the only reason that I wanted him to go with me was so that I would have transport to KL to see a few other friends of mine before I left for Adelaide, and in doing so would have dumped him the minute I crossed the state boundaries. However, since the LAUSY fella had his priorities all wrong, he decided to go ahead with the POND and yours truly and a few others were asked to be slaves for the day.

And so we dug and shovelled and toilled under the hot tropical sun. For hours and hours. My hands blistered. My back ached. My feet were buried in muddy soil more than once because some people could not tell the difference between my feet and the wheel-barrow. Sweat poured out from my very core. Even my finger nails were crying out as i shovelled my 100th spadeful of dirt into the wheel-barrow.

Fine. I was standing there most of the time talking nonsense and laughing at the people who were digging. I mean, I was giving them lots of encouragement and even praised them with a "Well done" and "Good job". I ask you, which girl, except for the most caring and supportive one (ie. me), would be willing to stand under the sun and get bitten by mosquitoes just to give encouragement and praise to people who refused her very last request before she left for a freezing cold country where everything except ice-cream has pork flavour?

Sigh.... so I guess I've learnt something today...

No, no, its not that I can't rely on my friends because they're LAUSY. I've known this from the very first time I met them :p

No, its not that I shouldn't help my LAUSY friends do backbreaking work either.

Nor is it the fact that it is more rewarding to help my LAUSY friend dig holes in his front yard rather than to give him a few smacks and avenge myslef.

What I learnt is this.

When people who have absolutely no idea what you have been up to ask where and what have you been doing all day, it is NOT very wise to say "I have been at his place helping him make POND".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so did you enjoy helping your friend making 'pond'? ><

Lil' Blue Bear said...

hahah, yeah ash, i did. very much.