Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Moments of Disarray

A week since I arrived, and I'm still longing to be back home. Seems to me that I'm having a chronic bout of home sickness. Anyhow, I'm trying to keep myself as busy as possible so that I can go to bed without drenching my pillow with tears. And also so that I don't spend a bomb calling home. Here's my update........

Since everyone I talk to has been asking me bout the Summer Vacation Research Scholarship, I start with that. So far, so good. Except that I feel stupid whenever I talk to the researchers who work there. Having said that, I learnt how to stick electrodes on people to measure their brain waves, and I can now officially apply to places where they need sleep technicians. Whether or not they want to employ me is another story lar... And though the electrode thing sounds cool, I find if really gross beacuse I have to touch people's oily skin and actually clean it before i can stick the electrodes on. Sticking the ones on the head is even worse. You cannot imagine to level of grossness it is to stick it on oily and unwashed hair. Oh, and I have a research supervisor who eats sushi everyday.

Number 2. I've come to a realisation that I may just actually like SOMEBODY very much. And that somebody's name is....... you think I'm gonna tell you meh?? And I can't wait for him to get back to Aussie, though right now, I'm telling myself that I need to snap out of it. Some say I'm in denial. Others say that the SOMEBODY has given up on me...... For more juicy details, gimme a ring on my mobile. I'll be glad to spill.

Number 3. I'm blessed. Though very few are around, I've been surrounded by love and kindness ever since I've come back. I thank God for them, and I'm really amazed at the way that He has taken care of me. Plus.... I have a car fro two weeks :P

Number 4. A Member Of the Opposite SEx (MOOSE) asked me today if he could 'buy me a drink' when I was waiting for the bus. Now, normally, I would be flattered if a MOOSE decided that I was the one he wanted to have a drink with. Unfortunately, this particular MOOSE was at least 50 years old, had missing front teeth and was more than interested to know where I lived. I wanted to run home instead of wait for the bus.

Number 5. I think I'm turning into a vegetarian.

Man... I'm thinking that I need to get a grip....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiseh, janganlah sedih sangat. A while more, a while more everybody will be back in Adelaide. Then you come and stay at Leonore lah. Not so freaky.

:)

Esther.

Lil' Blue Bear said...

Esther Goh, faster come back lah...

Jason said...

MINDY OOOONNNNNNNNN!!!

God i miss your sleepy face!

FASTER COME BACK HERE!
So that i can insult you!!
god i miss that.. sob

oh and i'm gonna call you at the house!!!