Thursday, August 31, 2006

The engineer's pond

About two months ago, I made my lazy self useful and 'helped' a soon to be civil engineer who used to flick every available poster in SS15 build this:

I shoveled a grand total of five spadefuls of dirt before hightailing back to Adelaide.

And here, the engineer scratched all his kuli's names into the cement, marks to remind him of our hard labour for all eternity.


Then because I had more than four hours of free Vodaphone to Vodaphone talk time, I had a conversation with the enigineer.

Me: Eh, how's the pond?
P: Never see the pictures I sent you meh?
Me: Got la, but they were so grainy. You're a lousy photographer.
P: Aiya, I send you some more later lor (which by the way, has not arrived). Saw your name or not?
Me: Yeap.
P: But I think they're going to be washed away soon.
Me: Har? how can? You etched it on cement right?
P: Yes......
Me: Then how can la?
P: Because the pond was leaking.
Me: hahahhahahahahha. I'm sorry, you're graduating with a degree in what again at the end of this year?
P: Civil engineers don't build things la. We design.
Me: I thought that was what architects were for.
P: Right. Next time I build your house for you ok?
Me: Erm.... Pond also cannot build properly summore wanna build my house? Hahaha... My house runtuh la.
P: Can la... I'm building my own house also.
Me: And if it falls down?
P: Um, then your house will fall down as well. And we can die together in our fallen houses.

I know who's not going to build or for that matter, design my house next time... :p

No comments: