Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ask!

Amazing. Time and time again He amazes me. What did He do this time...I've been having some problems recruiting high school students to participate in my research. Mainly because to get the students, we (my supervisor, my research partner and I) have to email high schools, send in our proposals and wait for them to agree to allow their students to take part in my research. Needless to say, they were less than interested in what we proposed and we didn't hear from any of them. Which was not surprising, since the research wouldn't benefit them in any way.

We were getting rather worried because our research totally depended on that sample of participants. And after weeks, they still hadn't even replied to the email. Plus, we had to include the school's in the ethics applications.

So... no permission = no ethics approval = no research = oh no! big trouble = fail honours year = live of my parents forever and ever. Muahahahahahha *evil grin, rubs hands together*

So yes, we were getting worried. THEN, yesterday during OCF prayer meeting, the research project was prayed for and commited to God - just a simple prayer, a humble prayer. Nothing fancy.

And today, TWO out of the four schools contacted us saying that they would be glad to allow their students to take part in my research! After weeks of ignoring our requests! Waahhhh. So cool! Coincidence? I think not.

All I needed to do was to commit it to God. To just ask. And He provided. Wow!

2 comments:

HobbiT said...

WAH-LAU!!!! yeah, man.... God is so amazing. period.

Anonymous said...

yah. very good.
"unfortunately, prayer is often the last thing we try, because we want to be able to work things out on our own."-rick warren

so use prayer as your primary weapon. YaY! =) happy for u