Sunday, August 27, 2006

Stalker

I have an inkling I gave my new neighbours a little scare yesterday. See, being carless in Adelaide, my only means of transportation is the public bus, unless friends of mine who have cars catch the hints that I ever so often cleverly drop into the conversations we have. However, the reason I had to risk my hand being severed by a moving vehicle to hail the bus 24 hours ago is still a little bit unclear. It may have been that I wasn't very clever yesterday (which in my opinion, is quite unlikely) or that i have stupid thick headed friends who do not have the mental capacity to catch my clever hints (Ahh... more likely). Bottom line was, I had to take the bus. And already it was getting dark....

Upon reaching busstop number seventeen, i reached out for the button that tells mr. bus driver to stop the bus. To my surprise, the little bell which goes off whenever someone presses the beautiful red button tinkled when my finger was still an inch away from it.

"Wah! I got magic finger. Got super powers. Bell can ring before I push button. Psychic powers wei", I thought to myself.

But since I'm a person of very high intelligence, I was able to deduce a little later that someone else on the bus might have pressed the button before me.

"Darn! Cannot join X-Men anymore"

So, the bus stopped and the person in front of me got down. And then I got down. He looked at me. So I smiled. It must have been a very weird smile because he gave me a weird look. But then maybe it was because his girlfriend was wating for him to feet away and she was soon going to walk him back home.

"So sweet. Only crazy people like you will wait at the busstop when it's 13 degrees"

The couple stands on the kerb wating to cross the road. I stand beside them. Of course it wasn't directly beside them. I was approximately one and a half meters away from them. They look lef and right. I look at them, because I'm too lazy to look out for the cars and since I was pretty certain that they didn't have death wish, I was sure I wouldn't get run over if I followed after them. Then they cross. So I cross. They reach the other side. I reach the other side. They get huggy and stary holding hands.

"Hmmm... I bet she doesnt have icy cold hands like me. Hey! can join X-Men after all. I'm the ice queen. I got super cold fingers. Can even work with Iceman!"

They walk. I walk behind them. They turn left. I turn left. They walk pass the house with the orange tree. Occasionally, I try to coerce my dear housemate into stealing oranges for me from this tree but he's a little to short so he can't reach the ornages. They look back. I stare back with a glazed expression. They quicken their pace. I matched theirs.

"Haha... stalker"

They turn left into the driveway. Right behind them I turn left as well (because we share the same driveway). They walk up to their house. I walk behind them. They reach their door step.

"Wonder what will happen if I stop here a while"

I stop for awhile. They look at me, hurry inside the house, shut the grill and glanced at me.

"Haha.. bodoh. Liddat also scared"

I smiled at them. Hey, we're neighbours after all, must be friendly la. I mean, who else am I supposed to go to if I run out of sugar? They slammed shut the wodden door and pulled down the blinds.

"hehehe...."

3 comments:

HobbiT said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
funny la u. don't la...purposely scare ppl only... steal the oranges only! just don't ask chiam to do it la.... ;P

Lil' Blue Bear said...

hahha...not my fault he took the same bus k...and chiam's not the only short one in this house. :p

Anonymous said...

ey, cool lar, should try one day, in Malaysia... the person might even be running away from me....